Eye drops for the temporary relief of redness and itching of the eye due to seasonal and perennial allergies such as hay fever or house dust allergy.
Otrivine Antistin is a dual action eye drop containing two active ingredients; Xylometazoline Hydrochloride (0.05%), a long acting vasoconstrictor and Antazoline Sulphate (0.5%) which is a H1 receptor antagonist.
Xylometazoline Hydrochloride reduces eye redness.
Antazoline Sulphate has antihistaminic, anticholinergic and local anaesthetic properties. The primary mediator of inflammation in allergic conjunctivitis appears to be histamine. Antazoline reduces histamine induced responses including itching.
- Fast Acting
- Acts to combat a wide range of symptoms of seasonal and perennial allergies
- Reduces redness
- Widely available in pharmacy
- For local administration into the eye.
- Adults: 1 or 2 drops instilled 2 - 3 times a day.
Otrivine Antistin Eye Drops should not be used for more than seven consecutive days.
The dispenser remains sterile until the original closure is broken. Patients must be instructed to avoid allowing the tip of the dispensing container to contact the eye or surrounding structures as this may contaminate the solution.
- If more than one medication needs to be instilled in the eye, an interval of at least 5 minutes between application of the different medicinal products must be allowed. Shelf life is 28 days after opening.