Freshly collected specimens should be tested as soon as possible. It is essential that correct specimen collection and preparation methods are followed.
1. Hold the sealed pouch vertically and let all extraction solution flow into the bulb. Break the tip and squeeze the bulb to dispense all extraction solution into the extraction tube.
2. Collect specimen refer to Specimen Collection.
3. Insert the swab with collected specimen into the extraction tube filled with extraction solution. Roll the swab 5 times while pressing the head against the bottom and side of the extraction tube. Remove the swab while squeezing the sides of the tube to extract the liquid from the swab. Try to release as much liquid as possible. Dispose the used swab as a biohazard waste.
4. Put on the tube tip.
5. Take out a test device from sealed foil pouch and put it on a clean and level surface.
6. Apply 3 drops (about 60 μL) of the extracted specimen into the specimen well. Please avoid bubbles during applying