Pepcid Duo is a new improved version of Pepcid. It combines the benefits of Famotidine (a H2 receptor blocker) and antacids in one chewable tablet to treat the short term symptoms of heartburn, acid indigestion (dyspepsia) and excess acid.
- Pepcid Duo gets to work in just 2 minutes
- Lasts for up to 12 hours - all day or all night control of symptoms
- Neutralises existing acid
- Reduces acid production in the stomach
- Effective reflief in just one dose
- Chewable tablets - no need for water
- Suitable for over 16 years old
Calcium Carbonate and magnesium hydroxide neutralise the exisiting acid in the stomach.
Famotidine is effective at reducing the amount of acid your stomach produces
You Must Be Aged Over 18 Years to Purchase This Product. MAXIMUM order quantity of THREE packs per order.
Adults and children over 16 years old;
- When you get heartburn or indigestion, chew one tablet thoroughly
- Drink a glass of water, if possible, to wash the tablet down
- Do not take more than 2 tablets per day
- Do not take for more than 2 weeks
Pregnancy, breast-feeding and fertility
- If you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, do not take Pepcid Duo.
- If you are breast-feeding, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine, he will decide whether to discontinue breast-feeding or to discontinue/abstain from this medicine.
Do not take Pepcid Duo if:
- You are allergic to famotidine, magnesium hydroxide, calcium carbonate or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6)
- You have severe kidney problems
- You are allergic to other H2 blockers (medicines which control the production of excess stomach acid)
Warning and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Pepcid Duo if you have:
- Indigestion and have also lost weight involuntarily
- Stomach pain which does not go away
- Indigestion for the first time, or if your symptoms have recently changed
- Too much calcium in your blood
- Too much magnesium in your blood
- Too little phosphorous in your blood
- Too much calcium in your urine, or a history of kidney stones
- Kidney or liver problems. If you use Pepcid Duo for a long time, the levels of calcium in your blood may go up. This is more likely if you are also taking other medicines that contain calcium and/or vitamin D. If this happens, your kidneys could be affected
Stop using this medicine and consult a doctor if you have:
- New symptoms
- Difficulty swallowing
- Pain on swallowing
- Severe vomiting
- Black stools
- Choking or chest pain If your symptoms persist or worsen after 2 weeks of treatment, do not continue treatment and consult your doctor.
READ THE PACKAGE LEAFLET BEFORE TAKING THIS MEDICATION